Tuesday 3 January 2012

REDO Text in a Picture: Ain't No Rest For the Wicked





I redid these pieces to address the fact that the originals had monochromatic text. For the first I ensured that it was the most red, as the imagery was darkest there and I wanted it to look like brutal slashes of neon in a dim room. The size of the text was decreased as well. The second piece had to undergo major lighting changes so i used a neon filter to give the background big city colour without making it too bright. The text was shrunken from the size of a poster to the size of a window leaflet. The third piece needed a major colour change so I went with an unhealthy shade of pink to contrast the hooded figures skin. I also increased the amount of negative space so that the figure and and re sized text would dominate the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment